THE BENEFITS OF SALINE REMOVAL
Let’s face it - sometimes an image or a meaning no longer holds true for us, or our circumstances change, where we require a fresh canvas. We can help with that. Our natural, non-toxic, non-acidic fading solution is effective on all types of tattoos, regardless of age, color, and location.
The procedure is performed using traditional tattoo equipment or a digital machine, in a very similar fashion to how your original tattoo or permanent makeup was first applied. The layers of the skin are abraded and a natural commercially manufactured saline solution will be applied to the opened area. The process will create a controlled scab that allows the pigments to surface as a reaction to the saline and will exfoliate away in the weeks to come. It is much safer than laser removal treatments which push the pigment deeper into the skin for the lymphatic system to remove, the long term results which are unknown. It is also safer than laser, especially for darker skin types, which lessens the risk of scars, blisters, and hypo or hyper pigmentation.
Treatment is most successful when used in the removal of permanent cosmetics, however it can be used on permanent (traditional tattoo) pigments too to lighten and in some cases, entirely remove a permanent tattoo. Tattoos can be applied again on the area once healed.
Differences Between Saline Removal and Laser Removal:
- When a laser is used for removal, all of the removed ink is absorbed into the body. With saline removal, most of the ink is lifted up through the surface of the skin and expelled.
- Each laser machine only emits certain wavelengths of light, which means that certain machines can only break up specific colors of ink. Saline removal is not color specific - it works on ALL colors.
- When utilizing saline technique for brow pigment removal, you can ensure your brows won't turn black, which laser has the potential to do. Your brow hair will also remain intact. Laser tattoo removal often eliminates the hair on your brows and it may or may not ever grow back.
- Buyer beware of "unlimited" laser removal packages; there is a reason for this. Laser removal tends to be an arduous process, taking a number of treatments, thereby increasing risk of molecular change and scarring to the area. Saline removal tends to be far more efficient in amount of ink removal per session, thereby less damage to the skin overall.
Technician - Kersten
(Not currently performing eyeliner or lip removals - some exceptions apply - please contact with a photo for details)
Full Eyebrow Removal
First session $199
Second session (if required) $125
Third session (if required) $75
Area Per Session
1x1 (1 sq inch) $60
2x1 (2 sq inches) $80
Pricing estimates for larger areas will be provided in consultation
Package of 3 - 10% off
Package of 6 - 20% off
If satisfactory results are obtained in less treatments purchased as part of a package, remaining funds are transferable to other services
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Treatment numbers will vary from person to person however, typically, at 3-6 treatments you can expect to see visible results. The number of sessions needed depend on the size of the tattoo, how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted and how much needs to be removed for the desired result. If laser removal treatments have been done to the area previously, this can effect how many saline treatments will be required also.
WHAT COLORS DOES SALINE REMOVAL TREAT?
Saline treatment is not color selective (unlike laser) and can remove difficult colors like orange, yellow, green, pale blue and white more effectively.
HOW LONG DOES A TREATMENT TAKE?
On average, a treatment takes around 1.5 hours to cover a 2”x 1” area (2 square inches).
HOW FREQUENTLY CAN TREATMENTS BE DONE?
Procedures are done 4-6 weeks apart for semi-permanent/permanent makeup and 6-8 weeks for body tattoos to allow proper healing in between.
HOW PAINFUL IS SALINE REMOVAL?
Typically, no more painful than when the tattoo was applied. A topical numbing agent will be applied before and during your procedure to ensure the most comfortable experience possible.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY PROCEDURE?
Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or blood thinners (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, other NSAID medication, fish oil, Niacin, Vitamin E) 48 hours before your procedure, to avoid excess bleeding.
Skin must not be newly tanned or sunburned at the time of your treatment. If you show up with a new tan or sunburn, your appointment may be cancelled and you will forfeit your deposit.
It is recommended to plan any vacations a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
WHO IS NOT A CANDIDATE FOR REMOVAL?
Under the age of 18 years
Pregnant or nursing
Diabetic on the needle (will require doctor’s clearance)
Have any autoimmune disease
Have infections and/or diseases or are sick (cold/flu)
Have major heart problems
Had an organ transplant
Have skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis) or irritations (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.) near the treated area
Prone to keloid scars or hypertrophic scarring
Used Accutane in the past year
Undergoing chemotherapy or radiation (consult with your doctor)
* Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing process would make you NOT a good candidate
Candid Cosmedics is not currently performing removal for eyeliner or lips. Larger tattoo pricing (greater than the size of a business card) will be determined at consultation.